Tuesday, January 7, 2014

13) Given~ Stories and Poetry Donated by Marie's Words 
http://www.amazon.com/Given-Stories-Poetry-Nick-Bradvica/dp/1934703435 $75.00 on Amazon!
Follow them HERE on Facebook.

SON HONORS HIS LATE MOTHER WITH A BOOK OF HIS MEMORIES While he was an exchange student in Germany last year, Nick Bradvica began to write about the night his mother died of breast cancer. It was a long time ago, on a balmy summer evening in 2001 at home in Clairemont. Nick was nearly 11 then, and he remembered not quite comprehending what had happened. "I was almost certain that she was just asleep," Nick wrote. "I crept into the room with my brother and sister beside me and peered at the figure on the bed. I saw a ghost." The story, called "The Night," became the opening chapter of "Given," a slim but very powerful and emotional book of poetry interspersed with stories that chronicles a child's memories of happier days, the cancer that took his mother, and how her death helped shape the world view of a young man. "I don't look at it as a tragedy, so much as a different journey," Nick said this week about growing up without his mother. Within each chapter of the slim volume are poems about nature, life, love, religion, sacrifice and death. Nick said he still feels his mother's presence. "She has always been with me," Nick wrote. "She is the angel that watches over me. When the clouds part and sunlight streams through, she is watching me. When the wind presses against my skin, she is guiding me." "Eight years after my mother's death, I regret that I did not tell her every day that I loved her," he wrote. "I believed that I could always eat breakfast with her as she watched her cooking shows. I wish I could see her once again. I want to go back eight years and kiss my mom on the cheek." Nick, his older brother, Michael, and younger sister, Marie, relished frequent camping trips to Yosemite - a family tradition their father, George, built with their mother. A picture of the young family is on the book's back cover. BY BRUCE LIEBERMAN SIGNON SAN DIEGO, SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2009.


No comments:

Post a Comment